For a fresh take on glitter this Christmas, we took inspiration from the catwalks and used gloss on the lids for a fresh, modern look and placed glitter underneath the eyes for an unexpected and striking look. Surprisingly wearable, this works just as well for the Christmas party, as the club after dark. A touch of black kohl liner toughens up the look making it more edgy than childish, whilst a sweep of nude lipstick balances the face. Watch the video to find out how to create the look at home and shop the products below.
1. Begin by applying your foundation, concealer and any blush or contour as usual.
2. Brush through brows and use a tinted brow gel to define and fill with colour.
3. Set the foundation base with light dusting of translucent powder.
4. Press cream highlighter over cheek and brow bones to subtly brighten the complexion.
5. Buff a pale mauve, cream eyeshadow across lids up to the socket for a light was of colour.
6. Use a black pencil liner to define the waterlines.
7. Apply eyeshadow pencil in a shimmering taupe underneath lower lash lines.
8. Use a flat eyeshadow brush to press LA Splash’s Pina Colada glitter on top of the eyeshadow pencil.
9. Next, layer Violet Voss’ golden Vegas glitter over the top of the Pina Colada, applying as little or as much as you wish.
10. Apply a generous coating of mascara, and false eyelashes if preferred.
11. Pat eye gloss on top of the cream eyeshadow. Apply sparingly to avoid creasing.
12. Build up the highlighter as preferred.
13. Finish the look with a swipe of your favourite nude lipstick.
14. Finally use a fluffy brush to sweep away any excess glitter which might have fallen down.