Maybe you were born with naturally sparse brows and lashes, or perhaps you’ve been a bit too overzealous with your plucking, or had a few too many rounds of LVL? False lashes, mascara, and brow gels can be a fast fix on a daily basis, but your natural brows and lashes won’t thank you in the long-run…
Thanks to celebs like Cara Delevingne, Kim Kardashian, and Lily Collins thick eyebrows are hot – and let’s face it, who doesn’t want longer, thicker, Bambi-esque eyelashes? Fortunately, there are lash and eyebrow serums, yep, that’s right – products specifically designed to give your lashes and brows a much-needed growth spurt.
Scroll down to discover how serums can help your brows and lashes grow longer and faster.
What are growth serums?
A potent blend of vitamins, peptides, amino acids, and hair-loving oils designed to stimulate hair growth from the follicle. Delivered by (magic) mascara wand, simply swipe the serums on morning and night to see the full (literally) effects.
How do they work?
The logic behind growth serums is that they keep your lashes in their growth phase for longer – meaning (when applied regularly) longer, more abundant hair and lashes, and a reduced risk of shedding.
What’s in them?
• Peptides– regenerates and protects against breakage
• Sodium hyaluronate – attracts moisture
• Silk proteins – strengthens lashes to prevent breakage
• Coleus forskohlii – boosts pigmentation
• Allantoin – conditions and provides nutrition
• St John’s Wort – stimulates growth
How long do they take to work?
In as little as six weeks, eyebrows will appear fuller and darker, hairs will be more dense and brow shape will be redefined.
Used day and night for 30 days, eyelashes will appear 36% longer, and will be visibly more curled and defined.
Anything else I can do to speed up growth at the same time?
• Don’t rub your eyes – every time you do, this causes a mini trauma which can cause lashes to fall out
• Cut out the eyelash curlers – constant curling can weaken and damage lashes
• Take hair growth supplements – anything rich in biotin and B vitamins will benefit your brows and lashes
• Choose the right makeup remover – micellar waters and oils are the gentlest options
• Be gentle with makeup – even something as simple as pressing too hard with your eyebrow pencil can cause shedding
• Tweeze sparingly – you have to let your brows grow, even if it means them looking messy in the meantime
Beauty Editor's Picks
My mum always warned me against plucking my eyebrows (spoiler: I did it anyway, sorry mum!), but fortunately we live in a world where Talika Eyebrow Lipocils exists, so I was able to remedy at least one of my teenage mistakes… This transformed the remnants of my overplucked brows into strong, full arches – even now, I don’t go a night without using it.
Having experimented with LVL last year, whilst also dabbling in the art of false eyelashes at weekends (great in the moment, but between the two my lashes were left sparse). I was admittedly sceptical at first, but fast forward to my second tube of Lipocils Expert and if I had a pound for every time someone asked me if my eyelashes are real, I’d be a seriously rich woman.