Are you ready for festival season? It technically all kicks off this Friday, in Coachella, and lasts through until the end of September – which means six months of fringed crop tops, high-waist shorts, and glitter partings taking over your Insta feed.
You’re gonna want to stand out with some new looks which aren’t the usual, but at the same time, no one wants to spend hours getting ready when there is dancing to be done – which is why we’ve enlisted the help of beauty-obsessed YouTuber Imogen Hudson to demonstrate her five fast and foolproof festival looks (easy enough to do in your tent).
Scroll down to watch the video.
GET THE LOOK: Bright Eyeliner
1. Use a winged liner brush to apply Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Prom Night along the lashline as you would a liquid eyeliner.
2. Extend the line into a sharp wing.
3. Draw a small dot on the lower lashline in the centre of the eye.
GET THE LOOK: Face Gems
1. Using Festival Face’s Face Jewels in Iclyn, place the small teadrop gems just outside the outer corner of each eye.
2. Place the main headpiece onto the forehead, between the centre of the brows.
GET THE LOOK: OTT Glow
1. Using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit, take a large fan brush to apply the shade Lovely Clover over the cheekbones.
2. Dust excess above the brows.
3. Use a smaller detail brush to blend the shades Blue Moon and Purple Horseshoe onto the end of the nose and into the inner corners of the eyes.
4. Layer the excess above the brows.
5. Use a blusher brush to apply Pink Heart just above where you placed Lucky Clover.
6. Mix Pink Hot and Blue Ice on a smaller detail brush and dust onto the Cupid’s Bow, lips, and browbone.
7. Use a flat definer brush to pat Star under the lower lashline.
GET THE LOOK: Glitter Freckles
1. Pour small amounts of LA Splash’s Crystallised Glitters in the shades Thistle, Grape Escape, Rosette, and Bloody Mary onto a mixing palette.
2. Add a small amount of Smolder Cosmetics Dazzle Lock Adhesive onto the palette.
3. Dip a tiny detail brush into the glue and dot onto the face.
4. Mix the glitter colours together and pat on over the dots of glue.
GET THE LOOK: Stars In Your Eyes
1. Use the shade Burnt Orange from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette to define the crease.
2. Build depth in the crease and outer corner of the eye with the shade Rustic.
3. Use a finger to dab the shade Rose Pink onto the centre of the lid.
4. Highlight the inner corner using the shade Fairy, applied with a small definer brush.
5. Blend the shades Burnt Orange and Siena and apply to the lower lashline using a small, round brush.
6. Place a small amount of Smolder Cosmetics Dazzle Lock Adhesive onto the back of your hand and use a brush to pat 2-3 dots onto the lids.
7. Carefully place individual stars from Gypsy Shrine Glitter in Silver Eclipse onto the glue.
8. Finish by applying mascara and Unicorn Cosmetics Lashes in Unicorn Flutter.