We know you miss your facials just as much as we do. In our new series, we’ll be bringing the Mario Badescu experts straight to your home with tips on how to perform an at-home facial based on your specific skin type.
If you’ve got oily skin, then this one’s for you. It can be hard to tackle oily skin, since the underlying issue is often caused by hormone imbalance which triggers sebum production and in turn widens pores. The combination of sebum build-up and wide pores which easily clog up with dirt, makeup, and dead skin cells leads to congestion, excess shine, and breakouts. It might seem like a good idea to use products that dry out your skin, but actually this can make matters worse by stimulating the production of even more sebum. Instead reach for light, calming products which will hydrate and balance your skin without stripping or clogging it.
If treating yourself to a facial still seems like a far-off impossible luxury, it’s now about to be easier than ever to recreate a spa-worthy facial treatment and address your oily skin issues from the comfort of your own home.
YOU WILL NEED
2. Re-apply the Enzyme Cleansing Gel and this time, use it to massage the face for five minutes. Avoid too much massaging on active breakouts. Clean again thoroughly with a dampened cotton round soaked in the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion.
3. Gently exfoliate with the Botanical Exfoliating Scrub and concentrate on areas with blackheads – usually around the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Avoid scrubbing on erupted areas, and remove residue completely with Cucumber Cleansing Lotion on a clean cotton round.
4. Apply Ceramide Eye Gel to the eye area and a generous application of Lip Balm to the lips, before brushing on a thin layer of the Strawberry Tonic Mask. When using masks on persistent problem areas, you could layer a few drops of Buffering Lotion under the mask to amplify the mask’s clarifying properties. Let the mask dry for ten minutes, then remove it using the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion.
5. Apply the Herbal Hydrating Serum to the face, let it set for one minute, then follow with Ceramide Eye Gel, Oil Free Moisturiser, Lip Balm, and finish off by spritzing the Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea over the face and neck.
6. Incorporate Special Healing Powder as a final step (after the mist as absorbed into the skin) onto the T-zone to help control excess shine.
For problem-prone skin or the occasional spot, to be used depending on the type of breakout experienced (one or more can be used if necessary).