It’s 2020, and we should all be looking for ways to reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill. The average woman will use over 11,000 single-use pads or tampons over her lifetime, so choosing period products that are better for the planet is a really easy way to be more sustainable. While you should always choose the period products that are right for you and your flow, it’s worth checking out the more eco-friendly alternatives out there.
BeYou Menstrual Cup
Instead of using and throwing away a multiple pads or a tampons each time you get your period, choosing a menstrual cup can last you up to a DECADE!
How to use:
– After washing your hands, fold the cup in half so the top creates a ‘c’ shape and push it into the opening of your vagina.
– You’ll know when it’s in far enough as the stem will not be sticking out (but you should be able to feel it). You can use a finger to move it around a bit and make sure it’s comfortable and fully opened out.
– To take it out, try and relax your pelvic floor muscles and take hold of the base of the cup.
– Pinch the cup lightly to break the seal created by the collected blood.
– Slowly pull the cup out and empty the blood into the toilet.
– Rinse the cup and re-inset.
UpCircle Cinnamon & Ginger Chai Soap Bar
This soap bar is plastic-free, cruelty-free, palm oil-free, comes in 100% recyclable packaging and is made with re-purposed chai spices. Yay! As well as cinnamon and ginger oils that help to revive your skin, pink clay will sort out hormonal breakouts and reduce redness. Foam up in your hands and use to cleanse your body and face.
Yes To Detoxifying Charcoal Paper Mask
Made from 100% cotton, this sheet mask is biodegradable and contains 96% natural ingredients. Charcoal works by pulling all the dirt, grime, and excess oil out from your pores, making it perfect for when those period spots arise. Apply and enjoy 10 minutes of chill time.
My Haircare Resuce My. Hair Smooth Shampoo Bar
Your cycle effects everything from your mood to your skin and even your scalp and hair. This shampoo bar from My Haircare helps to smooth out any frizz and keep your scalp moisturised. The bar comes in 100% recyclable packaging and has the bonus of reducing water waste and fossil fuels for transportation.